f-1 Visa For Academic Students
Coming to the United States from another country with the intention of pursuing higher education is a worthy dream. Annually, thousands of international students are permitted access to U.S. institutions of higher learning on a temporary basis with a student visa, known as the F1 student visa.
If you would like to come to the U.S. to attend college or a university, our Evanston immigration attorney at Takhsh Law P.C. may be able to help. We have a thorough understanding of the Immigration laws pertaining to student visas and can provide you with the guidance and assistance you need to navigate this complex process.
UNDERSTANDING F-1 STUDENT VISAS
The F-1 visa is the most common type of student visa, which allows an individual to come to the U.S. on a temporary basis. It is a non-immigrant visa and requires the sponsorship of a college or university. There are specific requirements you must meet, which we can go over with you in detail.
A few of the qualification requirements for a student visa include:
- You have to maintain a residence abroad and show that you are not giving it up
- You must have sufficient funds to support you during your time of study
- You must be enrolled or plan to be enrolled in an educational program
- You must be enrolled or plan to be enrolled as a full-time student
- The school you plan to enroll in must be approved by the USCIS
WANT TO STUDY IN THE U.S.?
Our Evanston student visa attorney can assist you if you wish to come to the U.S. for educational purposes. We focus on Immigration cases and have worked with many different types of clients and have helped them obtain student visas over the years.